Logic PDS 354 RB Spreader
The PDS has application rates of between 5 - 80 grams/sq metre.
The PDS Salt Spreader can spread salt from 1.5 - 14 metres which is variable through the adjusting the rpm of the engine as well as selecting the appropriate drive pulley option from the two available.
Salt Spreader PDS354RB
The Logic PDS (power drive spreader) Salt Spreader range has all the same design features and benefits as the GDS range but with additional features as follows:
An onboard 5.5hp petrol engine - this unit drives the rolling floor and gear box to the spreader disc.
An option of either a (high-speed) braked, fully suspended trailer unit or de-mount unit to fit into 4x4 pick-ups, flat bed transits, trailer, etc. These two options allow high speed travelling between sites (up to 60mph - normal road speeds), so are ideal for contractor use or for use by organisations who need to cover multiple sites in one gritting or salt spreading session.
Either unit has a 585 litres capacity (675-750kg depending on moisure content) of road/rock salt. It is very quick to deploy at the first signs of bad weather and for winter gritting jobs it dramatically reduces the time needed to complete the task, when compared to the manual alternative of spreading salt or grit using shovels.
For more detailed design features, please see the GDS 200/250 salt spreader section.
The PDS has application rates of between 5 - 80 grams/sq metre. The PDS Salt Spreader can spread salt from 1.5 - 14 metres which is variable through the adjusting the rpm of the engine as well as selecting the appropriate drive pulley option from the two available.
The unit can cast the salt to the left or right meaning that it can spread salt underneath parked cars.
The unit has remote control which allows the operator to switch the gritter on whilst in motion. It is built to be robust and long-lasting, even taking into account the corrosive nature of road salt which can cause other salt spreaders to stop working. Simplicity of design and operation with standard maintenance (no special tools) ensures a trouble free and long life.
The PDS354RB model is ‘type approved’ by the VCA for the European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval (ECWVTA).
- 585 litre hopper capacity
- Unique agitation system
- Floor conveyor system
- 5.5hp Honda engine
- 1.5-14m spread width (dependent on engine speed and pulley selection)
- Can cast salt to left or right
- Easy to adjust sluice gate regulates flow
- Strong construction - built to last
- Stainless Steel hopper and peripherals
- Handles rock salt even when wet
- 50mm swivel tow hitch
- Suspension with over-run brakes
- Mudguards and lighting
- 'Type approved’ by the VCA for full road use
|Mounted Equipment||Salt Spreader|
|Display SKU||Logic PDS 354 RB Spreader|
|Model||PDS 354 RB Spreader|
|Dimensions||3120(l) x 1600(w) x 1270(h)mm|
|Hopper capacity||585 litre|
|Max. work rate||Application rates: 5 – 80 g/m2.|
GGM Groundscare are a specialist supplier of tractors, high quality professional groundscare machinery and after-sales support, dedicated to meeting the long-term requirements of our customers.
For over 40 years we have established ourselves as a leading Groundscare Machinery provider throughout the North-West of England and Yorkshire. Driven by a set of deep-rooted values, all staff at GGM take pride in building and nurturing customer relationships based on anticipating needs, problem solving and delivering on time, every time.
Whether your requirement is for sales, hire, spare parts or service - everybody at GGM is ready to help.
- HIRE SOLUTIONS - Finding an affordable solution is important now more than ever. GGM make this easier by complementing direct sales with a range of attractive and flexible hire packages. Customers can operate machinery at a fixed cost with the full support of the GGM service team. Whether you’re looking for an individual mower or a full fleet of equipment, GGM tailored hire packages are available for fixed term periods to meet a customer’s general requirement or to complete a specific one-off contract.
- SERVICE & TECHNICAL SUPPORT - GGM provides a responsive and reliable service offering to all our customers and contracts from our large state-of-the-art service and maintenance workshops in Colne and Haydock. Supported by our own fleet of mobile service vehicles to allow for on-site servicing and repairs, all of our experienced technicians are factory trained by our manufacturers to ensure our skill levels are maintained to enable us to continue to meet the changing demands of our marketplace. We aim to provide cost effective, reliable and flexible service support that is individually tailored to meet our customer’s needs while ensuring we continue to provide the best value for money.
- PARTS SUPPORT - With a team of experienced and knowledgeable staff, GGM provide reliable and consistent parts support on an ongoing basis, whilst at the same time having the ability to react quickly to minimise customer downtime. With a large stockholding of spare parts, we are able to ensure that customer orders are dispatched quickly and efficiently and all orders received before 3pm that are in stock are dispatched for next day delivery.
- QUALITY & ENVIRONMENT - Quality standards, personal safety and care for the environment are important to us all. At GGM, we are proud to be ISO9001 registered, ensuring that our customers receive the highest level of service and quality of products through our continual satisfaction programme. We manage health and safety requirements responsibly and we have achieved full accreditation under the CHAS contractors scheme. Additionally, looking after our environment is something that we take very seriously and we’re continuously looking for ways to reduce waste and recycle.