AS Motor AS 1040 YAK 4WD Flail Mower
- Extremely suitable for slopes - Low centre of gravity and 4WD guarantee safety on slopes.
- Flail over rotary? Stable and robust asymmetrically arranged surfing flail mower unit. The mower deck and the flails themselves give way to uneven ground and foreign objects.
- Uniform grass placement - Perfect mowing results over the entire working width.
- Made for professionals - Flail rotor drive and diminished need for path overlap guarantee high work rates.
- Work rates reaching 6,800 m²/h
AS-Motor’s new robust ride-on flail mower is engineered for uneven, rough and steep terrain. The AS 1040 Yak 4WD shreds grass up to 1.5 metres tall as well as brush and young saplings. With high work rates and even more safety, the flail mower is an ideal tool for professional users such as commercial landscapers and municipal operators.
A powerhouse with direct flail shaft drive
The AS 1040 Yak 4WD is powered by a Briggs & Stratton 2 cylinder Vanguard V-Twin engine with up to 23 hp (17.2 kW) and 627 ccm displacement. The engine is horizontally placed and thus transfers the force directly to the flail shaft through a V-belt, while a cyclone air filter delivers fresh air supply. The engine’s oil and fuel pump guarantees performance on slopes.
Variable 4WD with cruise control function
Hydrostatic transmission allows the operator to conveniently control the AS 1040 Yak 4WD’s speed up to 6.8 km/h forward, and 6.3 km/h in reverse. Permanent 4WD delivers propulsion no matter the terrain. The rear axle differential can be blocked at any time via a foot pedal; a drive lever with integrated parking brake and cruise control ensures easy operation.
Surfing flail mower unit with Y-flails
The AS 1040 Yak 4WD achieves work rates reaching 6,800 m²/h thanks to its 1-metre working width and 56 Y-flails that shred grass and deposit the mulch uniformly across the work area. Cutting height can be adjusted to 7 levels between 30-110 mm. A surfing mower deck and Y-flails that give way protect the engine, and the operator, from damage in the event of unseen objects or uneven terrain. The mower deck’s asymmetric shape allows efficient mowing close to fences and around objects.
Comfort for long work days
An ergonomic sitting position provides adequate legroom for users up to 200 cm (6’6″) tall, while the bucket seat and innovative suspension system with end position damping can be adapted to every operator.
|Model||AS 1040 YAK 4WD|
|Engine Power||23hp, 2-cylinder, 4-Stroke OHV engine with cyclone filter|
|Engine Make||Briggs & Stratton Vanguard V-Twin 3864|
|Professional/ Domestic/ Hire||Professional|
|Cutting height (min/max)||30 - 110mm|
|Long Grass||Up to 1.5m high grass|
|Overall Dimensions||199cm(l) x 122cm(w) x 159cm(h)|
|Work rate||Max 6800 m2/hour|
|No. of Blades||56 Y-Flails|
AS Motor Operators Manuals
GGM Groundscare are a specialist supplier of tractors, high quality professional groundscare machinery and after-sales support, dedicated to meeting the long-term requirements of our customers.
For over 40 years we have established ourselves as a leading Groundscare Machinery provider throughout the North-West of England and Yorkshire. Driven by a set of deep-rooted values, all staff at GGM take pride in building and nurturing customer relationships based on anticipating needs, problem solving and delivering on time, every time.
Whether your requirement is for sales, hire, spare parts or service - everybody at GGM is ready to help.
- HIRE SOLUTIONS - Finding an affordable solution is important now more than ever. GGM make this easier by complementing direct sales with a range of attractive and flexible hire packages. Customers can operate machinery at a fixed cost with the full support of the GGM service team. Whether you’re looking for an individual mower or a full fleet of equipment, GGM tailored hire packages are available for fixed term periods to meet a customer’s general requirement or to complete a specific one-off contract.
- SERVICE & TECHNICAL SUPPORT - GGM provides a responsive and reliable service offering to all our customers and contracts from our large state-of-the-art service and maintenance workshops in Colne and Haydock. Supported by our own fleet of mobile service vehicles to allow for on-site servicing and repairs, all of our experienced technicians are factory trained by our manufacturers to ensure our skill levels are maintained to enable us to continue to meet the changing demands of our marketplace. We aim to provide cost effective, reliable and flexible service support that is individually tailored to meet our customer’s needs while ensuring we continue to provide the best value for money.
- PARTS SUPPORT - With a team of experienced and knowledgeable staff, GGM provide reliable and consistent parts support on an ongoing basis, whilst at the same time having the ability to react quickly to minimise customer downtime. With a large stockholding of spare parts, we are able to ensure that customer orders are dispatched quickly and efficiently and all orders received before 3pm that are in stock are dispatched for next day delivery.
- QUALITY & ENVIRONMENT - Quality standards, personal safety and care for the environment are important to us all. At GGM, we are proud to be ISO9001 registered, ensuring that our customers receive the highest level of service and quality of products through our continual satisfaction programme. We manage health and safety requirements responsibly and we have achieved full accreditation under the CHAS contractors scheme. Additionally, looking after our environment is something that we take very seriously and we’re continuously looking for ways to reduce waste and recycle.